CoolSculpting St. Petersburg
Tampa plastic surgeon Dr. Antonio Gayoso has a wealth of experience helping the people of the Tampa Bay area eliminate stubborn deposits of fat that just won’t respond to diet and exercise.
The traditional approach to this problem is liposuction, and Dr. Gayoso has achieved fantastic results with that procedure. However, there is another option if you want something innovative and non-surgical: CoolSculpting®.
What is CoolSculpting®?
In a traditional liposuction procedure, our plastic surgeon will use a saline solution or ultrasound to break up fat cells in the treatment area, and then remove them using a small tube. CoolSculpting® offers a non-invasive, non-surgical option for permanent fat reduction. Developed by Harvard scientists, CoolSculpting® is an FDA-cleared body contouring procedure that uses cold temperatures to target and freeze away fat cells in the treatment area.
CoolSculpting®, by contrast, is completely non-surgical. The procedure works like this:
- We place a small cooling suction device over the treatment area.
- When the device is activated, it will pull the skin and fat up between two cooling pads.
- The pads then get very cold
- These cold temperatures numb your skin, but target and destroy fat cells in the treatment area
And that’s it. No anesthesia, needles or fat removal is necessary. Your body will naturally flush out the broken fat cells over 4-12 weeks after the procedure is completed.
Many Coolsculpting® procedures can be completed in 1 to 2 hours, however, with some of the latest technology, we are able to offer single treatment times of 35 minutes for certain body areas. Others may take a bit longer if more areas are planned for treatment. Regardless, you will be able to return to your normal activities immediately. Our trained staff will keep you informed of what you can expect before, during and after your treatment.
What are the Advantages of CoolSculpting®?
Most patients who are liposuction candidates are also candidates for CoolSculpting®. Like liposuction, CoolSculpting® is not a weight loss procedure. You should be at or near your ideal body weight before undergoing the procedure and strive to stay at that goal weight in the weeks and months after your treatment.
Advantages to Coolsculpting® include:
- It is a non-surgical procedure.
- The recovery process is quite limited. You can return to your normal activities almost immediately.
- The procedure itself is simple and relatively painless. You can read during your CoolSculpting®, listen to music or watch videos on your computer. Many patients even conduct some business while on the Coolsculpting® device. It’s that simple.
- Side effects are brief and limited and include redness, numbness and minor tenderness, all of which are temporary.
- CoolSculpting® does not affect other non-fat cells in the treatment areas.
CoolSculpting® Before & After
All of our staff members that perform Coolsculpting® have attended advanced training at Coolsculpting University, an intense 2 day training course done at the company’s headquarters in California. Our trained staff will make sure CoolSculpting® is the best option to help you achieve your cosmetic goals.
If you are a resident of the Tampa, Florida area and you want to speak to our plastic surgeon about CoolSculpting®, please contact Gayoso Plastic Surgery today.