Information for Out of Town Patients
Step 1: Consultation
- Fly in for a consultation. This would be preferred, but we realize it may be difficult due to time and cost constraints.
If a Fly In Consultation Is Not Possible…
- Virtual Consultation – We ask for you to send photos that Dr. Gayoso will review. Based on the photo review, a telephone consultation is set up to discuss the surgical plan and fees.
- Evaluation by your local, primary doctor if you have any major medical problems for surgery clearance. (This is not necessary in all cases. This will be determined by Dr. Gayoso in advance of your travel.)
Step 2: Scheduling
- Your surgery date is first selected and then your pre-operative date is scheduled, typically 1 to 2 days prior to the surgery date based on Dr. Gayoso’s recommendations.
- A non-refundable deposit is collected with the final payment being due in full at the pre-operative appointment.
- A pre-operative packet will be mailed with preoperative information and informed consents for your review. We will review the paperwork and any related questions at the pre-operative appointment.
- Any lab work or diagnostic testing will be coordinated prior to arrival.
- The pre-operative appointment typically will last 1 to 1.5 hours. During this appointment, we will finalize the surgical plan, review pre/postoperative teaching and education, take pre-operative photos, collect surgical fees, review logistics for the day of the surgery.
Step 3: Surgery
- Performed at a fully accredited outpatient surgical center, under the care of board certified anesthesia doctors.
- The surgery center is 5 minutes away. Due to the anesthesia, you will need a driver. If you do not have one, we can assist you with home health options.
Step 4: Recovery
- Depending on your surgery, plan on staying in the Tampa Bay area 1 to 2 weeks.
- Post operative appointments will be concentrated during your length of stay.
Step 5: Virtual Follow-Up Appointments
- We will arrange standard follow-up appointments via phone and many patients email post-operative photographs for review prior to the follow-up phone appointments for Dr. Gayoso to review.